Thursday, June 15, 2006

Icarus Shawl

Good morning on this bright and sunny Florida morning. We are saying good bye to friendly Alberto who paid us a visit and with his gentle rain put out numerous wildfires and assuaged the dry conditions in many parts of our state. Here in Tallahassee, all is lovely and green.

Speaking of lovely and green....my Icarus shawl is coming along. I am knitting it in SeaSilk, the Paris colorway which has deep purple, jungle green, with some copper iridescents -- really soft and lovely. Size 5 needles give it a nice fabric, but I think I could have even gone up to size 6. I'm playing the length out by ear because I only have 3 hanks of it which is the equivilant of 1200 meters. I am now on the second repeat of chart 1 and am loving the design and the way it looks. It is not as lacy as the shown pattern, but I am happy and plan to do Icarus in something more delicate at a later time.

I hope to put pictures up soon.

Pegasus (Peggy K)
http://PinkBirdKnits.blogspot.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home